living. loving. changing. learning. growing.

Sunday, June 21, 2009


This was how I had been feeling lately.

Not that I really do stupid things (OK, so turning the blender on without a lid wasn't that smartest.. but who hasn't done that?)

No, it's more like I have been relying on coffee fumes, so to speak, and not The Word of God for my strength, mind clarity,and energy. No wonder I haven't been motivated to be a hard worker, a diligent student, a helpful daughter, a loving sister, and a sweet friend.

So a few weeks ago I stopped everything. No school, no work, only a few chores, no computer, no nothing! And I spent a week reading my Bible, spent more time praying then I have in awhile, and spent time doing some re-evaluating of priority's.

Talk about refreshed! God is so good to me. Even when I keep putting Him off for later, He is always ready to pour Himself into me if I just seek Him alone. I have once again accepted God’s idea of me, and my whole life is an offering back to Him of all that I am and all that He wants me to be. (To borrow from Elizabeth Elliot) He is in control of my life! I offer it willingly. Freely. Happily. Like the old hymn says, 'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...
Hope this isn't to jumbled.... I had to get it out :)

Ps. I still love coffee though!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Post! You've been blogging up a storm! Good Job!

    Mrs. P

    ReplyDelete