living. loving. changing. learning. growing.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Passion and Purity...and Waiting



I have been reading Passion and Purity again.

I have read it every year for the past..um...well..three years..maybe..something like that.

Anyway, here are a couple quotes that I have been carrying around with me the past few weeks and wanted to share. I am so encouraged by Elizabeth Elliot! It's so reassuring to me that God knows my whole heart and that I am not waiting in vain!
So here I wait.

Waiting is:
Steadfastness, that is holding on;
Patience, that is holding back;
Expectancy, that is holding the face up;
Obedience, that is holding one’s self in readiness to go or do;
Listening, that is holding quiet and still so as to hear.
-S.D. Gorden

How long, Lord, must I wait?
Never mind, child. Trust me.
-Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment